We’re looking for a Children’s Director that will lead a Children’s Ministry that kids and parents can’t wait to come back to by creating fun and engaging environments and effective systems that help children (birth through 5th grade) make friends, know
and love Jesus, and discover that God has a purpose for them.
1. Bachelors or Masters degree in related field preferred
2. Minimum 5 years full-time Children’s Ministry or related field preferred
3. If ordained, position will be Pastoral level
1. Energetic – Infuses life and energy into kids, parents, volunteers, and staff. Lifts the spirit of a room when entering.
2. Flexible – Able to adapt to changing situations and solve problems on the fly.
3. Strong Communicator – Engaging with various audiences. Comfortable in front of a crowd or one on one.
4. Organized – Able to provide clarity, direction, and organization for parents, volunteers, staff and teams.
1. DEVELOP LEADERS and TEAMS
- Staff: Oversee Children’s Ministry Assistant(s) and paid nursery workers
- Volunteers: Recruit, train, motivate, and develop volunteer leaders and teams to accomplish the following:
2. SAFETY and SECURITY
- Develop and enforce appropriate safety and security policies and procedures encompassing all aspects of the Children’s Ministry
3. SPIRITUAL GROWTH
- Create a program that aligns with overall church vision, values, and programming.
- Utilize top resources and best practices to help kids develop spiritually in age appropriate environments.
4. MINISTRY SPACES
- Create clean, modern and energetic ministry environments
- Ensure proper sanitation and cleanliness of rooms and equipment
- Create special events for children and families like VBS, Camps, and other Outreaches
- Ensure childcare for various church events and programming
6. FIRST TIME FAMILIES
- Ensure an easy new family orientation and check-in/check-out experience
- Follow-up with new children and families
7. POWELL CAMPUS
- Work with Powell Campus Pastor and Powell Children’s Coordinator to oversee and align Children’s Ministry standards, values and approaches between campuses.
8. MEADOW PARK CHILDREN’S CENTER
- Work together with MPCC Director to create intentional engagement with MPCC kids and families.
1. Serve as part of the Pastor/Director Team
- Weekly staff meetings and ministry planning
2. Pastoral and Leadership Involvement
- Care and on-call hospital visitation especially to children and families connected to Children’s Ministry
- Occasional worship service involvement
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Pastor
3. Accountability to Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor
1. Maintain personal spiritual disciplines that nurture your heart and soul.
2. If married, keep your spouse and kids as your first ministry focus.
3. Bring honor to Christ and Meadow Park Church in daily life and choices.
4. Stay physically and emotionally healthy through nutrition, exercise and healthy relationships.