Desired Qualifications: Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
Overview: The Student Minister is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of middle school and high school students (grades 6th through 12th) at Agape Baptist Church. This includes
leadership of weekly programs and periodic special events as indicated.
- Lead a team of volunteers in the creation and operation of a youth ministry, including weekly services and routine special events.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders.
- Educate, encourage and facilitate youth to participate in evangelical and missional outreach locally with peers, community and worldwide.
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy services for youth including the weekly youth driven worship.
- Teach, cast vision for, and program any retreat or camp for youth through development of messages/teaching, and use of games and other artistic elements to inspire students to learn about God.
- Create and manage a youth ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry.
- Design, plan, and conduct periodic youth parent meetings in order to engage and update families of youth attending Agape Baptist Church.
- Participate in leadership meetings and other activities as requested
- Preaching during English and/or Spanish services when pastor is out or when requested may be required.
- Hours Required: 20 Hours per Week
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for youth ministries and manage spending this budget.
- Agape Baptist Church membership, and faithful church attendance and tithing.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- One who loves young people, and has a passion for seeing people come to Christ and to grow in Him, both personally and at the ministry level.
- One who possesses a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working at a youth ministry capacity, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with Biblical mandates of leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7)
- One who possesses a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies or related field.
- A capable teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is able to integrate the mission/vision statement of the Agape Baptist Church and derive a similarly relevant mission statement and branding for youth.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Any equivalent combination of educational or work experience, personal abilities, and giftedness, which provide the required skills, knowledge, and abilities can be substituted for the above requirements.
Position Structure and Level:
Reports To: Pastor | Classification: Exempt | Category: Part-Time with Standard Holidays | Staff Designation: Pastoral Staff
Salary: $750.00 to $1,200.00/month | Job Type: Part-time | Location: San Antonio, TX 78254