RIDGEVIEW CHURCH STUDENT MINISTER
About the Position:
Ridgeview Church, a non-denominational church in Rockwall, Texas, is searching for a full time Student Minister (6th grade-college age) to craft and implement the strategy and vision for the next phase of our Student Ministry. Currently, we average
approximately 700 attendees each weekend and have about 70 students in the Student Ministry. This position offers the potential for an eventual path to other areas of increased or different responsibilities in the church
What We Are Looking For
Must have a bachelor’s degree from a Bible College or equivalent education.
Prefer three years of full-time staff experience in an established and effective student ministry.
- Must be a born-again believer with a growing relationship with Christ.
- Must show a faithful pursuit of leadership characteristics as listed in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9.
- Must be in good physical, spiritual and mental health.
- Must fully agree with the doctrine and theology of Ridgeview Church.
- Must be a gifted teacher of the Word.
- Must have a passion for student worship and vision for engaging students in worship.
- Must have vision and the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a student ministry within the parameters of the Ridgeview Church.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Support Ridgeview Church’s Vision to WIN people for Jesus,
DISCIPLE people in Jesus and SEND people for Jesus. Establish a Student Ministry that is consistent with Ridgeview’s DNA, which includes dedication to thorough/expository teaching of the Word and passion for worship.
- WIN students to Christ through relational evangelism and teach them to WIN others by creating outreach and social activities 1-2 times per month. Give students roles to teach them to WIN others to Christ.
- DISCIPLE students in Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to student ministry in weekly meetings. This includes Sunday morning and Wednesday evening ministry as well as partnering with other Ridgeview Church ministries. Include
the elements of worship, expository and relevant Bible teaching, small groups, prayer times etc. Coordinate curriculum and recruit volunteer teachers.
- SEND students for Christ by planning at least two short term mission opportunities for students each year as well as planning community service/outreach opportunities.
- Plan a yearly student ministry calendar and submit it for review during our yearly staff and ministry leader calendar meeting.
- Acquire and maintain current contact information for all students and parents/guardians. Use this contact information weekly, to ensure proper communication of activities and special events to parents, students, and student ministry leaders. Utilize email,
website, app, bulletin, newsletter, social media, etc. to promote events.
- Must be able to delegate, empower and train student leaders, adult leaders, and parent leaders with specified tasks in all aspects of student ministry. Create clearly defined and written descriptions of each role given.
- Mentor and equip all leaders by creating a schedule of regular team meetings and individual contact for personal oversight.
- Keep keenly aware of the differences in the development and maturity levels of students of different ages. Minister separately to middle school and senior high students in most ministry activities (i.e. teaching, small groups, social activities), building
unique ministry teams to engage students in those groups. Create some opportunities for separate ministry to male and female students.
- Keep parents aware of the ministry mission, goals, values and plans by hosting a minimum of two parent meetings each year (in addition to regular communication).
- Be aware of resources for developing the student ministry programming and participate in continuing education events and training opportunities.
- Build relationships between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to youth and student ministries. Encourage students to attend church activities.
- Keep records of youth participation. Note and plan for students who need follow up.
- Manage the youth ministry budget, keep records organized and available for overseer review.
- Plan, schedule, and implement youth summer camp as well a Fall retreat each year.
- Be available to students in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.)
- Maintain and improve student ministry facilities on campus.
- Develop service opportunities around the church and in the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Student Minister reports to the Senior Pastor for spiritual and ministerial guidance.
The Student Minister is expected to attend weekly staff meetings for prayer and planning and regular meetings with the Senior Pastor, as well as attending weekly Sunday church services and other key church events.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary, depending on experience
Two weeks paid vacation & holidays
If interested please submit:
- Cover Letter
- Recent Photo