The Journey is a real church for real people. With a reputation for authenticity, the sole purpose of our existence is to help people find Jesus and to follow him fully, in three vital environments: gathering, connecting, and serving.
The Journey began out of a passion for reaching people with the life-giving message of Jesus, especially those who had never experienced church or have given up on it. Our passion is to be a “simple church”, focused on a clear culture, with easy on-ramps
for people to grow.
The Journey is seeking a Worship Pastor/Director who will provide vision, leadership, and direction for their growing worship team. This individual will be a devoted follower of Jesus with a heart for connecting with God through worship. They will relentlessly
identify, develop, and empower worship leaders, musicians, and vocalists who cultivate a life-giving, passionate, and skillful culture of music and worship at The Journey.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced worship leader who has the ability to develop vocalists and musicians. They will demonstrate a clear calling to ministry, a proven track record of proficiency in vocals and guitar and/or keys, and experience developing
and leading teams.
General Description: Provides vision, leadership, and direction for the Worship Team. Leads J-Team volunteers in cultivating a life-giving, passionate, skillful culture of music and worship at The Journey. Plans and implements music for all weekend gatherings
and events. Oversees the structures and systems of the Worship Team.
- Follower of Jesus with strong character
- In alignment with “What We Believe” and “Leadership Core Values”
- Likeable and fun to be around
- Proficiency in vocals and guitar and/or keys
- Ability to lead a worship experience with a team
- At least one year experience serving and succeeding (based on core value analysis) in a leadership role at The Journey or another similar environment, exhibiting above-average creativity and initiative and the ability to consistently motivate and lead self
- Abnormally high work ethic (an executor who makes things happen consistently)
- Healthy relationships with existing staff and leaders (in current position and/or at The Journey)
- A demonstrable calling to ministry
- Significant musical proficiency demonstrated via experience
- Able to identify, develop, and empower others to lead
- Develops and maintains the structures and systems of the Worship Team
- Oversees and empowers the Journey Worship Core Team to develop and implement the vision for music and worship at The Journey
- Utilizes Planning Center to create worship sets and communicate with leaders and volunteers
- Oversees scheduling of Worship Team volunteers
- Raises up musicians through the Growth Track process; coaches and prepares them for the weekend stage
- Oversees implementation of our five J-Team essentials: recruitment, training, administration, health, and fun
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Lead worship at all weekend gatherings, lead (two out of three semesters) or join a J-Group each semester, and serve outside of essential functions on a regular basis
- Practice the personal habits of investing & inviting, practicing a slot & spot, and giving your first
- Champion gather, connect, and serve
Reports to: Gathering Director
Direct Reports: Worship Core Team