GENERAL SUMMARY: The Financial Analyst is responsible for assessing and maintaining the financial health of Senior Living. Facilitate financial forecasts, strategies related to metric and data assessment, variance analysis and special projects
with a strong focus on the operations of CRISTA Rehab & Skilled Care. Provide technical support, financial consulting and strategic analysis to Senior Living management and senior executives. Identify industry specific metrics and benchmarks, prepare financial
presentations, conduct industry/peer group comparisons, assess new business opportunities, analyze capital expenditures, and other projects as requested for Senior Living. Provide insight and support for optimal business decision making. Provide systems expertise
and training on budgeting and reporting tools specific to the long-term care and skilled nursing business. Conduct research, perform special projects and prepare other reports as needed.
CRISTA Ministries "Where Faith Meets Vocation"
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Financial Planning & Analysis Activities:
- Analyze and monitor current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue (including RUG rates for Medicare/Managed Care), cost of service, expenses and capital expenditures. Highlight trends and analyze causes of unexpected
- Oversee and manage the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modeling tools using per-patient-day metrics.
- Produce quarterly and monthly financial analysis reports.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives, including development of pro formas as requested.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Assist with preparation, monitoring and analysis of Medicare/ Medicaid cost reports, bond compliance filings, and other statutory or regulatory reporting functions.
- Prepare presentations for Senior Living management team and CRISTA leadership.
- Perform real time financial analysis and operating analysis on current financial results.
- Provide data analysis for staffing ratios and resource requirement analysis.
- Use operating statistics and metrics as well as other operating data to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improved operating performance.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis from income statements with feedback.
- Conduct analysis of ancillary expenses and revenue.
- Review balance sheet with reconciliation of accounts for accuracy.
- Prepare weekly projections based on data from census, revenue, AR; and compare to budget.
- Participate in monthly operations review.
- Participate in preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Project budgeted Medicaid rates and verify state issued rates.
- Use financial models for assisting in pro forma cash flows and pricing analysis as well as ROI analysis on specific current and future projects.
- Participate in and provide data for strategic planning.
- Assist in reviewing vendor contracts and RFPs when needed.
Software Expertise and Training:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of budgeting, tracking and report writing tools currently in use. Identify improved tools where possible.
- Develop/enhance training materials as needed to provide high quality training and excellent support for internal customers.
- Work with the Director of Finance and Senior Living leadership team to ensure that managers receive training and are equipped with the tools they need to succeed.
- Look for ways to continually improve systems and processes in the area of financial management.
Accounting and Finance Team Support:
- Assist with month end close of all Senior Living properties.
- Review vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and answer questions from internal/external auditors.
- Provide direction and assistance in AR reviews and collecting of cash for each facility.
- Provide backup duties for other Finance Team personnel as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers, and customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To view the full job description & submit an application, please visit our job posting: